This weekend started out with just great promise… We have been having problems with the International 240 and wanted to replace the carb with a new Zenith carb. We will start there
I had the family down this weekend and while cooler then we would like it was a great weekend.
We started on the tractor Saturday morning and had the carburetor swapped out…
We tried to started the tractor and it was not catching. It would turn over but just would start. We hooked the battery charger up to top of the battery and that stopped working (we had a backup).
So going over the list of things that can go wrong… we new we had compression and fuel… but no spark…
I removed the distributer cap and looked at the points. One of them was almost gone so we headed off to the parts store and through some luck that had a points and condenser set.
After installing the new points the engine started but we could not control the throttle. We found that the linkage was catching. After installing and removing the carb several times we had everything working and running better then ever.
Then the next day this happened
Looking back over the video I see that the bolt the holds the hub on was missing that morning. We have no idea how long it was gone but now we have the wheel off and the tractor on the ground
So we have a new bolt and retainer coming in. It should be fun getting it back together. I’ll end this post with a couple of happier images. Stay tuned for more International 240 “fun”