We went out yesterday after having delivered 1300 board feet of pine T & G for the first floor walls, foam board and insulation earlier in the week. This trip we completed the first floor electrical and ran the feed for the second, installed the foam board and insulation and three additional windows that were not part of the original plan. We were hoping to get the pine on the wall but installing the windows took a little while longer then we thought.
It was kinda a crappy rainy day… So we did most of the first floor electric. I stopped in and picked up the insulation for the first floor. Also we brought the wood stove we got on craigslist. It was a bit rusty but with a little high temp rustoleum looks great… we had another but it was cast iron and soap stone and I was worried that going from sub-freezing to a fire in the winter could cause problems. Below are some photos of the internal framing and the new stove.
Went down today to stain the front porch, take down the tarps, deal with some mold and to clean up some trees.
The decking of the front porch is made larch which darkens with time when not protected. We enclosed the porch for the winter in tarps to help. We also had lots of marks that were created during the construction. So we sanded the deck down and stained it. doesn’t look half bad 🙂
We also had some mold on some of the rafter gussets. We applied some bleach mixed mold remover which cleared it right up. There are some other areas that have the same mold, which I am thinking came from the green wood putting alot of humidity in the air, that will need a scrub brush so I will tackle those next week.
We also had a couple of trees that had to be removed. One cluster because it was going to cause shading on my solar panels. We had a couple near by that had winter damage and those were also removed.
Next week we will finish removing mold and start the wiring plus the hundred other things that need doing
Here are some of the older construction photos. the oldest are at the bottom